A former NHS professional having worked for 30 years as a nurse; firstly as a general nurse and then predominantly as a mental health nurse/practitioner. I have always been aware of, and interested in, the relationship between emotional and physical well-being.
It is now widely acknowledged that the state of our mind and emotions impacts on our physical state, with our bodies often expressing emotional distress as some form of ill health or disease. It is not uncommon either for unwanted behaviours like smoking, drinking or eating to excess, or other forms of compulsive and addictive behaviours to become problematic when emotional issues are not addressed effectively.
I have a genuine interest in what makes human beings 'tick', so to speak, and have undertaken life-long learning in relation to this. I offer an evidence-based, highly effective, flexible, integrative approach that adapts to the needs of adults experiencing difficulties with a wide range of issues. This holistic approach takes into account the links between emotional and physical well-being and our environment, drawing on our understanding of 'emotional intelligence' and 'mindfulness' principles.
Training, qualifications & experience.
- Registered General Nurse RGN
- Registered Mental Nurse RMN
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling Dip. Couns
- Human Givens Practitioner HG.Dip.P MHGI
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy CBT Cert
- Diploma in Integrative Hypnotherapy in Health and Holistic Care. GQHP
- Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner AAMET Level II
During my career, I have worked in a variety of specialist areas enabling me to gain an extensive range of experience and skills:
- All common mental health problems; including anxiety/stress issues, depression and low mood, loss, grief and adjustment issues.
- Unwanted and unhelpful behaviour, including anger management issues, compulsive and/or addictive behaviour, including alcohol misuse.
- Issues/difficulties with low self-esteem, low confidence and decision making/problem solving.
- Complex or multi-layered issues including trauma, phobias and fear-based experiences.
Outcome measures undertaken have demonstrated effective interventions offered with notable improvements experienced by clients.